Assessor for the 2017 assessment rounds
Silver Spurs 2017 are delighted to announce that Leanne Wall will be joining us for the assessment rounds 27th of June Knightsfield Stud, Maynooth & 28th of June Laurelview Equestrian Centre, Templepatrick. We are just awaiting final confirmation of venues for 18th & 19th of July and 14th & 15th of August. The entry form will be available shortly.
If you have any queries please email .
Leanne Wall, Equine Consultant, Registered Coach, International Trainer and Judge
Leanne joined us last year and we received an amazing and positive response to all of her training and we are delighted to have her come back again.
Leanne Wall is a British Dressage Junior and Young Rider British team selector, former Chef d’Equipe and an outstanding, well respected communicator. Leanne is the only British Dressage List 1 judge based in Kent and she is also qualified to judge the British Dressage BYRDS Rider Tests.
As a British Dressage Accredited Coach she trains competitors, riders and coaches involved in a broad spectrum of equine pursuits including dressage, eventing, showjumping and driving. Her clients include Junior, Young and Senior International Riders.
Leanne is the only British Dressage List 1 Judge in Kent, and as such is qualified to judge all tests up to and including Grand Prix, as well as Young Horse Qualifiers and Non Qualifiers and all eventing tests.
Leanne is also a pony and riding club assessor and a British Eventing Ground Jury Judge.
Well respected as a judge, Leanne puts fairness and objectivity first and never loses sight of the importance of the horse’s welfare.
Leanne is regularly seen judging at Summer and Winter National Championships across the UK.
As a former Chef d’Equipe and current British Team Selector, nurturing young talent is a specialty of Leanne’s, coaching hundreds of riders every year.
Working with pony and riding clubs across the country, Leanne helps young horsemen and women to achieve their goals, encouraging and supporting them every step of the way.
During her career Leanne has helped hundreds of riders and owners deal successfully with a whole host of challenges and problems, as well as providing expert advice on purchasing horses. Whether it is handling a horse proving difficult to ride or identifying a horse’s potential, Leanne’s common sense, coupled with her positive nature and thorough approach, ensures a loyal client base, and one that keeps growing.
Silver Spurs 2017 Categories Explained
Category 1 Ponies
- Open to riders under 12 on 1st January 2018 on ponies not to exceed 148cm.
- Riders will not have competed above Novice level.
Category 2 Ponies
- Open to Pony riders aged 12–16 on the 1st January 2018 who have not competed above Elementary level.
- Ponies may not have competed above medium level.
Category 3 Open Pony
- For riders aged 12–16 on the 31st December 2017 who have ridden at Elementary or above or are on High Performance squads in their chosen discipline.
- Ponies at any level.
Category 4 Juniors
- Open to riders aged 16–18 on the 1st January 2018 who have not competed above Elementary level, riding horses who have not competed above medium level.
Category 5 Open Junior
- For riders aged 16–18 on the 1st January 2018 who have competed above Elementary level but not above Advanced Medium.
Category 6 Young rider
- Open to riders aged under 25 on 1st January 2018 who have not competed above Elementary level on horses that have not competed above medium level.
Category 7 Open Young Rider
- Open to riders under 25 on 1st January 2018 who have competed above Elementary level but not above PSG.